Wednesday, April 26, 2023

momento

 

MOMENTO


This is my moment piece. Made of clay and two different colored inks. 


ARTIST STATEMENT

    This sculpture represents a yearly tradition that my Father, Brother and I always had. We used to drive down to Lake Ida in south Florida to go on a fishing trip every year. Each time we went each one of us caught over 30 fish each. The fish that we were catching were called Peacock Bass. These fish are insanely beautiful. They have this vibrant red to yellow fade from top to bottom on the side of their bodies. It just made the fishing that much more exciting for us. The clay in this sculpture represents the boat that we were fishing on. As the ink represented the peacock bass that we were fishing for. 

I was inspired by the smooth and clean work of this artist. 

Line depping linedepping.dk
This arist made me think about how you can use separate pieces to create a whole piece of work.

chris weaver 

Lenka Clayton 
Lenka inspired me to use smaller sized pieces to create tis momento. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

LIGHTNER VISIT

  LIGHTNER VISIT This was actually a really cool experience.