Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Natural history of the senses

 

NATURAL HISTORY OF THE SENSES



Touch is the title of this sculpture. It was started off using foam board to make all of the finger tip snapped layers. Then I used a Dremel in the wood shop to add the texture for the tactile effect. 



ARTIST STATEMENT

This sculpture explores the idea of touch for us human beings. My presentation that I did on the Natural History of the Senses was about the touch chapter. I used foam board, a Dremel, spray-ain't, and hot glue in order to represent the tactile effect of touch for the viewer in this instance. I feel that this sculpture gives the viewer the opportunity to see the fingertip shape and then see the inside as almost a fingerprint for itself. This sculpture is significant because of how important touch is. Touch is more important than many people know.



INSPIRATION

This artist used a lot of small interesting details that I was inspired by.

Silvia Rubalcaba https://fineartamerica.com/featured/masking-tape-necklace-silvia-rubalcaba.html


Hannah vogel
I feel as if this one has a lot of negative space that I was inspired by. 
 https://www.instagram.com/p/BpyNorcATXy/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1r5th4tbyzcip


Oliver Stilleto 

This guy used materials that I was inspired by to create this piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LIGHTNER VISIT

  LIGHTNER VISIT This was actually a really cool experience.